Monday, February 28, 2011

Spiced Tilapia with Honeyed Mango Lime sauce

Fish is not one of my most favorite things to eat OR cook... but sometimes I feel like we need to eat it more often, so I try to find something to make.


Spiced Tilapia with Honeyed Mango Lime Sauce
Bisquick - February 2011
The Line Up
Sauce
1 ripe mango seed removed, peeled and diced
grated peel and juice of 1 medium lime
2 green onions, coarsley chopped (2 TBSP)
1 TBSP honey
1/2 tsp kosher salt

Fish
1 egg
2 TBSP bisquick mix
1/2 tsp kosher salt
1/4 tsp freshly ground pepper
4 tilapia fillets (1 lb)
1/4 c vegetable or canola oil
1 tsp chili paste
1 TBSP fresh cilantro

The Game Plan
Place all sauce ingredients in food processor. Cover; process until smooth. Set aside until serving time.
In shallow dish, beat egg and milk with fork. In another shallow dish, mix bisquick mix, salt and pepper. Dip fillets into egg mixture then coat with bisquick mixture.
In 12" skillet, heat oil and chili paste over medium heat; stir to combine. Cook fillets in oil 4-6 minutes. Turning once, until golden brown and fish flakes easily with fork.
To serve, place fish on serving platter or individual plates. Drizzle evenly with sauce. Sprinkle with cilantro.

Coach's Post Game Conference
Never heard of  "chili paste"?? Neither had I, nor had the manager at the local grocery store when I asked. I imagined that I was looking to something in a tube, similar to anchovy paste. When I found it I figured I better share, because it is NOT what I was looking for at all!! (It's in the "oriental food & sauce section")
Again - I used frozen fruit, rather than fresh... again... I need to remember to take it out in time for it to thaw before I try to make it into a sauce!
Aside from that - this recipe was very easy and very YUMMY!!!

Final Score
Coach - Home Run
Catcher  - Home run
The All-Star - Home Run - though he requested his fish sauce-less. He tasted the sauce and didn't care for it. He loved the fact that the fish was spicy!

**edited - please see label disclaimer in "True Confessions" - 11/7/2013

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Resistance Bands is a Free Blogger Template