Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Beefy Shells and Cheese

I've done regular beefy macaroni and cheese, but this has a few extra ingredients that make it slightly different and quite interesting.


Beefy Shells and Cheese
Taste of Home ground Beef - April 2009The Line Up
1 lb ground beef
1 pkg (12 oz) shells and cheese dinner mix
2 c water
1 1/4 c salsa
1 can (15 oz) black beans, rinsed and drained
1-2 tsp chili powder
1/8 tsp salt

The Game Plan
In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer  pink; drain. set aside cheese sauce packet from dinner mix. Add shells and water to skillet. Bring to a boil; cover and simmer for 10-12 minutes or until pasta is tender.
Stir in the salsa, beans, chili powder, salt and contents of cheese sauce packet. Remove from the heat, cover and let stand for 5 minutes.

Coach's Post Game Conference
I omitted the salt out of accident. Have you noticed that I don't always read the recipes well?? ;)  That's ok, because I made up for the lack of salt by not measuring the little bit of chili powder I had left and I'm fairly certain that I had more than 2 tsp in the dish. Team Matos likes spicy food anyway so it's all good!
The All Star even asked for seconds I couldn't believe that but he really enjoyed it.

Final Score
Coach - Home Run
Catcher  - not in the line up tonight
The All-Star - Home Run - both bowls!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Resistance Bands is a Free Blogger Template