Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Peppered Pork Medallions in Tangy Mushroom Sauce

Another entry in my never ending quest for new pork recipes! :)


Peppered Pork Medallions in Tangy Mushroom Sauce
The Best Life Diet - January 2008
The Line Up
1 pork tenderloin (1- 1 1/4 lb) cut into 1/2 inch thick slices
1/2 tsp coarse ground black pepper
1/4 tsp salt
2 tsp canola or olive oil
3/4 c reduced sodium chicken broth
2 TBSP all purpose flour
1 TBSP balsamic vinegar
1/2 tsp dried thyme leaves
1 pkg (8 oz) fresh whole mushrooms, quartered
Hot cooked brown rice, if desired

The Game Plan
Sprinkle both sides of pork slices with pepper and salt. In 10" nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium high heat. Add pork, cook 3-5 minutes, turning once, until browned.
Meanwhile, in a small bowl, mix broth and flour until smooth. Add broth mixture and remaining ingredients to skillet. Heat to boiling, reduce heat. Cover and cook 8-10 minutes or until pork is no longer pink in center and mushrooms are tender, stirring occasionally. Serve with rice.

Coach's Post Game Conference
I just realized as I was typing this up that I forgot the thyme... didn't miss it! I think I doubled the amount of broth and vinegar. When I put the broth/flour mixture in initially it was VERY thick and was not going to make a sauce.
Aside from that I made it as directed. I didn't want rice so we just had it with asparagus and flakey dinner rolls.

Final Score
Coach -  home run
Catcher -  home run
The All-Star - HOME RUN!!!

***edited - Please see label disclaimer in "True Confession" - 11/7/2013***

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Resistance Bands is a Free Blogger Template