Monday, February 14, 2011

Chicken Pot Pie

I've never made a pot pie, it was never something I thought I would want to make, rather something I ate when we got it from that frozen food delivery truck... but I saw this recipe and it looked easy enough!


Gram's Chicken Pot Pie Updated
Kraft Food and Family Winter 2008
The Line Up
2 TBSP Italian dressing
1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-size pieces
2 c frozen mixed vegetables
1 can (10 3/4 oz) condensed cream of chicken soup
1/4 lb (4 oz) Velveeta "cheese" cut up
1 sheet frozen puff pastry - thawed
1 egg lightly beaten

The Game Plan
Preheat oven to 400. Heat dressing in a large skillet. Add chicken, cook and stir 5 minutes or until cooked through. Stir in vegetables, soup and cheese. Spoon into greased 9" square baking dish.
Unfold pasty sheet, place over chicken mixture. Fold under edges of pastry; press onto top of baking dish to seal. Brush pastry with egg. Cut several slits in top crust to permit steam to escape.
Place dish on baking sheet. Bake 30 minutes or until deep golden brown. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.

Coach's Post Game Conference
This recipe was easy enough. I used Velveeta singles simply because I couldn't find bricks of Velveeta at the store this weekend.
My only complaint would be that the crust didn't cook quite right - maybe I didn't leave it in long eough, but it was rather chewy under the initial top crisp/golden layer.
Aside from that, it was pretty good! The All Star didn't seem to care for it, but what can you do with picky eaters? ;)

Final Score
Coach - Triple
Catcher - Home Run
The All-Star - I think I was lucky to get the pitch across the plate... pretty sure it was a strike out with him

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Resistance Bands is a Free Blogger Template