Thursday, February 17, 2011

Slow-Cooker Orange BBQ Pulled Pork Sandwiches

The All Star is helping me write the blog tonight and this is what he wants me to say:
"I never knew that sandwiches could talk like this one, but darn it sure was good!"

Slow-Cooker Orange BBQ Pulled Pork Sandwiches
Kraft Food & Family Winter 2008
The Line Up
1 boneless pork shoulder (3 lbs)
1 bottle (18 oz) Kraft original BBQ sauce
Juice from 1 orange
1/2 c mayonnaise
12 sandwich rolls, split and toasted

The Game Plan
Place meat in slow cooker; top with BBQ sauce and orange juice. Cover with lid
Cook on low for 8-10 hours (or on high 4-6 hours). Remove meat from slow cooker, cut into small pieces or shred with a fork.
Return meat to slow cooker; stir until meat is evenly coated with the BBQ sauce mixture
Spread mayo onto cut sides of rolls. Fill rolls evenly with meat mixture

Coach's Post Game Conference
Let's see - I put the pork (frozen solid) in the slow cooker around 8:00 this morning. Although you're not supposed to open the slow cooker, I am horrible and always do several times while it's cooking. I also like to turn the roasts to make sure they cook evenly, and are equally moist all the way around. sometime around 3:30 I turned the slow cooker up to high just to make sure the pork shoulder would be done well enough to shred. IT WAS!!! By 5:00 I was able to shred it with no problem. (I did NOT take it out of the cooker and put it back in).
I didn't put mayo on the rolls, just be cause i forgot. We also didn't toast the rolls, because we were all hungry and didn't want to wait! :)

Final Score
Coach - Home Run
Catcher - Home Run
The All-Star - Home Run

***edited - Please see label disclaimer in "True Confessions" - 11/7/2013

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Resistance Bands is a Free Blogger Template