Saturday, November 6, 2010

Meal Planning

As we've tried to manage Team Matos into a more organized lifestyle (HA HA HA) I've started planning our dinners a week in advance. And it has me wondering what others' weekly menus look like.
I only plan dinner, not other meals, though with The All-Star we do look at his weekly lunch menu from school and decide at the beginning of each month which days he will buy and which he will pack.
Each week as I plan the menu (generally M-F only), I ask Catcher & The All-Star if they have any meal requests. I also give Catcher the opportunity to cook one day, as he likes his Dominican food, and that's one set of recipes I'm afraid to tackle, as he doesn't have RECIPES... just "some of this and some of that"

So here's what some of weekly menus have looked like:
Week 1
Monday - eat on the fly
Tuesday - Enchiladas & salad
Wednesday - Salsa chicken w/ confetti corn
Thursday - Garlic Steak w/ mushrooms, onion roasted potatoes & salad
Friday - clean the fridge

Week 2
Monday - Eva's crockpot chicken w/ black beans & cream cheese
Tuesday - Lasagna, garlic bread, salad - All Star's choice
Wednesday - Garlic Steak w/ mushrooms, garlic & parmesan mashed red potatoes, & salad
Thursday - Coach cooks
Friday - Clean the fridge

Week 3
Monday - Szechuan Beef Fried Rice
Tuesday - Crockpot Buffalo Chicken Pasta - All Star's choice
Wednesday - Lasagna blanca
Thursday - Coach cooks shrimp
Friday - Burgers on the George


Funny that the first two random weeks I pulled up, we had garlic steaks! We love steaks!

So what do YOUR menus look like? How far out do you plan? I used to figure out dinners one night at a time. If I was lucky, I'd plan ahead by 24 hours so that I could have a roast to throw in the crockpot. Running nightly to the store though was starting to become impossible with The All-Star's extra-curricular activities. Now I plan the week in advance, write up my shopping list and head to the store on Sunday afternoon. Life is SO much easier this way! I don't think I could be one of those who plans a month in advance though. It's hard enough to figure out what we will all "want" to eat one week at a time!

2 comments:

  1. Coach looks good!!! I am going to try and follow ur lead!! Did end up subscribing to a meal planner, will share with you, the more help we have the easier our lives will be!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, definitely let me know how that goes... and of course... share any recipes you <3! :)

    ReplyDelete

 

Resistance Bands is a Free Blogger Template