Saturday, November 6, 2010

Frozen Peanut Butter, Chocolate, and Banana Loaf

I'm adding recipes to my play book this weekend, and I ran across this recipe and couldn't stop thinking about it. I could almost taste it before I even had the right equipment for the play! The All-Star and I ventured out to check out our small town's "big" new grocery store and I gathered up what I needed.


Frozen Peanut Butter, Chocolate and Banana Loaf
Everyday Food Magazine April 2005
The Line Up
1/2 c roasted salted peanuts (chopped)
3/4 cup creamy peanut butter
12 oz semi-sweet chocolate
2 ripe bananas
1 c heavy cream (whipped to steaf peaks, about 2 cups)
Nonstick cooking spray and waxed paper for loaf pan

The Game Plan
Coat an 8 1/2 x 4 1/2 inch loaf pan with cooking spray; line with waxed paper, leaving overhang on both long sides. Set aside.
Melt chocolate; cool to room temperature. Meanwhile, in a food processor, puree bananas until smooth.
Stir peanut butter into cooled chocolate until combined, then stir in banana puree. Gently fold in whipped cream until combined. Pour into prepared pan; top with peanuts. Fold waxed paper over top; wrap into prepared pan; top with peanuts. Fold waxed paper over top; wrap tightly in plastic. Freeze until firm at least 3 hours.
To serve, remove loaf from pan (run a hot towel across sides and bottom of pan if necessary).
Slice about 1/2 inch thick, as needed; re-wrap remaining (unsliced) loaf and freeze up to 1 month.

Coach's Post Game Conference
All I can say is MMMMMMMMMMM.... so rich and so sweet!!!

Final Score
Coach -  HOME RUN
The All-Star - HOME RUN
Catcher - isn't one for a lot of sweets... which is why I made it while he was gone for the day! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Resistance Bands is a Free Blogger Template