Friday, November 5, 2010

Garlic Chicken Breasts

This has officially been dubbed the "Easiest, yummiest chicken ever!"


Garlic Chicken Breasts
The Line Up
1/2 c grated Parmesan Cheese
1 envelope garlic and herb or Italian salad dressing mix
2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves

The Game Plan
In a large Ziploc bag combine cheese and dressing mix; add chicken. Seal bag and shake to coat.
Place chicken in a greased 8" square baking dish. Bake, uncovered at 400 for 20-25 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 170.

That's it. That simple!

Coach's Post Game Conference 

 I couldn't find garlic & herb dressing mix, so I used Lipton Savory Garlic & Herb Mix. Because I was making 3 breasts I used 1/4 c of Parmesan cheese. The recipe didn't say whether to discard the extra seasoning/cheese mix or to use it. So I dumped it in the baking dish ontop of the breasts. Then, as the chicken was cooking I couldnt' help but think how yummy the cheese/seasoning mix smelled and how good of a gravy it would make. So I grabbed some of the home made stock I made last week from the roasted chicken (you could use any chicken broth/stock you have on hand obviously) and poured some of it in along with a splash of white wine.
When the chicken was done cooking, I pulled out a tablespoon or so of the broth and dissolved a bit of cornstarch in it and poured it back in to thicken up the sauce. Then we drizzled this ontop of the chicken.
Served it with a salad and fresh bread!

Final Score
Coach - Home Run
Catcher - Home Run
The All Star - see below

He gave it two grand slams.... liked it so much he was trying to steal home plate!!


1 comment:

 

Resistance Bands is a Free Blogger Template