Monday, November 8, 2010

Buffalo Chicken enchiladas with Creamy Ranch Sauce

The All-Star's current 2 favorite dishes are buffalo chicken (anything) and enchiladas so when I ran across this recipe for Buffalo Chicken Enchiladas, I couldn't pass it up!


Peeking in the oven they looked SOOO good!!

Buffalo Chicken Enchiladas with Creamy Ranch Sauce
Pillsbury Casseroles & Slow Cooker - Jan/Feb 2007
The Line Up
1 can (10 3/4 oz) condensed cream of chicken soup
1 c refrigerated sour cream ranch dip (aka ranch chip dip from the refrigerated dip section)
2/3 c chopped green onions (about 10 medium)
3 c chopped cooked chicken
3/4 c buffalo wing sauce
1 package flour tortillas (twelve 6" soft taco/fajita tortillas)
3 c shredded cheddar cheese

The Game Plan
Heat oven to 350. Spray 13x9 glass baking dish with cooking spray. In medium bowl, mix soup, dip and 1/3 c of the onions. In large bowl, mix chicken and buffalo wing sauce until coated.
Spoon 2 TBSP soup mixture down center of each tortilla; set remaining mixture aside. Reserve 1/2 c cheese for garnish. Top each tortilla with about 1/4 c chicken mixture and scant 1/4 c cheese. Fold sides of tortilla over filling. Plce seam side down in baking dish. Spoon remaining soup mixture over filled tortillas.
Cover dish tightly with foil. Bake 40-45 minutes or until hot and bubbly.
Remove from oven. Sprinkle with reserved 1/2 c cheese and remaining 1/3 c onions. Bake uncovered about 5 minutes longer or until cheese is melted.


Coach's Post Game Conference
The only thing I did differently was that I used "Queso Fresco"

I used it only because when I typed up my recipe card I left off what KIND of cheese i was supposed to use and didn't check until I got home from the store!

Final Score
Coach - Double
Catcher - Double
The All-Star - Double

I guess I'm going to have to keep looking for a recipe to combine the All-Star's favorite dishes. We think the issue with this one was the "sauce" it was very thick, (in my opinion at least) kind of salty though no salt was added to the dish.

2 comments:

  1. This is really good, the only thing I would change would be the amount of buffalo wing sauce I put in it. I think it can get overwhelming really quickly and if you don't measure right like I did you can over do. But I'm not a big buffalo wing fan.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Scrappy! We <3 buffalo wings/sauce at our house (as I'm sure you've figured out) so that wasn't the issue. The All-Star actually asked if I had any left over meat because he would have just eaten a plate full of the chicken/sauce (with that amount of sauce on it)

    ReplyDelete

 

Resistance Bands is a Free Blogger Template