Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Wine-Sauced Hamburger Steak

Another easy, football practice night kind of recipe. I was looking for something else to do with some ground beef and this sounded quick, easy and yummy.

(I feel the need to point out that this is CATCHER'S plate... NOT mine!)

Wine Sauced Hamburger Steak
From my mommy's recipe box
The Line Up
3/4 lb ground beef
1/2 t salt
dash pepper
1 TBSP butter (use dairy free butter alternative for dairy free)
2 TBSP dry red wine
2 tsp dried parsley flakes
1 tsp lemon juice
1 t instant minced onions
1/4 t Worcestershire Sauce

The Game Plan
Shape beef, salt and pepper into 2 patties 1/2 inch thick. Melt butter in skillet. cook patties until desired doneness (2 minutes each side for medium rare). Remove to warm plates.
In same skillet, combine wine, parsley, lemon juice, onion & Worcestershire sauce. heat to boiling. Pour over patties.

Coach's Post Game Conference
I have a problem that I need to fix... I have a horrible habit of not reading recipes completely BEFORE I start cooking. I read the ingredients and thought it sounded good so I made it. It wasn't until I flipped my recipe card over that I realized that this only makes two servings!! I went ahead and used the 1 lb of ground beef that I had thawed and made 3 patties. Then I had to play with the sauce (ended up just doubling the ingredients) to make enough for everyone to get some. As you can see we had it with bread and a salad. (I went back and sopped up a bunch of the left over sauce with a roll.... yummy!!!)

Final Score
Coach -  Triple
Catcher - Home Run (but needed more!)
The All-Star - Home Run

***edited - Please see label disclaimer in "True Confessions" - 11/7/2013

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Resistance Bands is a Free Blogger Template