Sunday, October 17, 2010

Magical Breakfast Burritos

Apparently not only am I Coach, but I'm also a magician. I'm not sure how I did it, but I took a handful of ingredients that The All-Star doesn't like and made them into a dish and got a TRIPLE!!!



Breakfast Burritos
source - My Mom
The Line Up
1 package of bacon
3 baking potatoes
8 eggs
shredded cheddar cheese (omit or use diary free substitute for dairy free)
salsa
tortillas

The Game Plan
Brown the bacon until crisp. Remove bacon from pan, leave drippings
Cut potatoes into cubes. Brown in bacon drippings. Once tender and brown, remove from pan. Leaving any remaining drippings.
Scramble eggs and cook in the pan with the last bits of the bacon drippings.
Take a tortilla - add some of the eggs, potatoes & bacon - top with shredded cheddar cheese and salsa, wrap like a burrito (fold one end up, then roll from the sides).

Coach's Post Game Conference
Wow! I'm not sure how we pulled off a win with this one! I was sure we were going to lose this game. The All-Star doesn't like potatoes, eggs OR cheese, so with all three of those in the line up I figured we were destined to lose. He ate one whole burrito and said it was good!
I cooked this in the electric skillet tonight, mainly because my large skillet was in the dishwasher. But it worked out perfectly. Just before I began cooking, I was talking to my mom and she suggested that I nuke the potatoes until "almost done" (as in baked potato consistency) and then cube them and throw them in to brown them. They cooked up nicely and quicker too as I was able to microwave the potatoes while I was cooking up the bacon. I added a little onion just for kicks and giggles tonight.
Wasn't sure how much everyone would eat... we have plenty of leftovers!

Final Score
Coach - Home run
Catcher - Home run
The All-Star - Triple

***Edited - please see label disclaimer in "True Confessions" - 11/7/2013

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Resistance Bands is a Free Blogger Template