Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Vegetarian Taco Soup

I'm trying to institute Meatless Monday - or at least a "Meatless Someday" each week. This also helps ensure that I use the CrockPot frequently because I am making lots of soups, which will make it easier for sports nights when The All-Star starts lacrosse in a couple weeks.


Vegetarian Taco Soup
Food.com via Pinterest

The Line Up
1 (15 oz) can black beans
1 (15 oz) can pinto beans
1 (15 oz) can navy beans
1 (15 oz) can black-eyed peas (BOOM BOOM POW!)
1 (15 oz) can green beans
1 (15 oz) can corn
1 small onion, chopped
1 (14 oz) can tomato sauce
1 (10 oz) can Rotel tomatoes
2 c water
1 (1 1/4) package taco seasoning
1 (1 oz) package ranch dressing

The Game Plan
Drain and rinse the first 6 ingredients and put them in crockpot or a large pot
Add all other ingredients, stir to mix well
Simmer about 30 minutes to an hour or cook in crockpot on high for 2 hours
First 6 ingredients drained and rinsed
Coach's Post Game Conference
I was prepared to make this dairy free by using this recipe in place of the packet of ranch dressing. Then, while enjoying my alone time at the grocery store, I found kosher Lipton Ranch packets.They are dairy free!!



We topped this soup with cheddar cheese (Daiya for me!) and sour cream (Tofutti for me!) and scooped with Frito Scoops! We all had big bowls and I packed away a gallon bag for the freezer!

Final Score
Back-to-back-to back-to back HOME RUNS!!

The All-Star didn't complain about the beans and veggies... and Catcher didn't complain about no meat! I call that a GRAND SLAM!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Resistance Bands is a Free Blogger Template