Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Stuffed Pork Chops

The other day I got a bug in me that wanted to cook stuffed porkchops. But then I quickly realized that this bug didn't want to do a lot of work... I wanted to make EASY stuffed pork chops. So I did a search and found this recipe for stuffed pork chops.



Stuffed Pork Chops
Food.com
The Line Up
4 pork chops
1/2 c butter, melted
6 slices bread
2 TBSP onions, chopped
1/4 c water
1/4 tsp poultry seasoning
1 (10 3/4 oz) can cream of mushroom soup
1/2 c milk

The Game Plan
Brown pork chops in melted butter. Place in casserole.

Tear bread slices into tiny pieces and mix with onion, water, and pultry seasoning.


Place equal mounds of stuffing on each pork chop.
Combine soup and milk, pour over pork chops.

Bake uncovered at 350 degrees for 1 hour.


Coach's Post Game Conference
1/2 c butter looked like a lot to brown the pork chops in, so I only used 1/4 c (1/2 stick). I used the other 1/2 stick (1/4 c) butter in the stuffing instead of water. I've watched enough shows on The Cooking Channel and Food Network that say not to use water when you can add something with flavor to make the easy decision to add butter instead of water to moisten the stuffing. (Not to mention my mommy's Thanksgiving stuffing recipe is similar to this and uses butter instead of water.) Everything else I did as instructed.
Also - I took the butter & bits from browning the chops and added a bit of garlic - then tossed in some asparagus. I rolled the asparagus around in this mixture to coat them and then put them in a glass baking dish and poured the remaining "juices" ontop, sprinkled some parmesan cheese and baked for about 10 minutes. -- DELICIOUS!!!

Final Score
Coach - home run - easy and delicious
Catcher - home run
The All Star -  didn't taste 'em

***Edited 11/19/2013 (see below)***
Made this again tonight, for the first time since going dairy free -- and guess what... It was a home run with all 4 team Matos teammates!!


I used this dairy free cream of mushroom soup recipe, Earth Balance dairy free buttery spread, and coconut milk. It was DELICIOUS!! Will definitely make it back into our regular rotations now that I know it will work! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Resistance Bands is a Free Blogger Template