Sunday, July 17, 2011

Whiskey Sour Slushies

Ok... so I admit it... I can be a bit of a lush sometimes. And during the summer I definitely enjoy a nice cool drink in the evenings. This has, for several years, been a favorite. Thanks to Mom and a church cookbook! 


Whiskey Sour Slush 
Rock Presbyterian Church Good food Recipes 1981
The Line Up
1 (6 oz) can frozen orange juice
2 (6 oz) cans frozen lemonade
1 1/2 c sugar
2 c strong tea (6-8 tea bags to brew 2 c)
2 c whiskey
7 c water
7-up, Sprite, Sierra Mist - your choice

The Game Plan
Mix orange juice, lemonade, sugar, tea whiskey and water
Freeze at least 24 hours
serve diluted with 7-up

Coach's Post Game Conference
This makes a LOT of slush, but I've found it nice to have in the freezer to scoop out and drink on warm summer nights.

Final Score
HOME RUN!!!!!!!

3 comments:

  1. I wish I could just hit a button and add all these ingredients to my grocery list!!! I am gonna get my slush on sometime this week. :) Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You should definitely give it a try - I made a batch for the 4th of July and thought we'd have an over abundance - there were just 3 of us drinking and I came home with less than 1/4 of a box of slush left!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is very educational content and written well for a change. It's nice to see that some people still understand how to write a quality post.! fine wine

    ReplyDelete

 

Resistance Bands is a Free Blogger Template