Monday, September 27, 2010

Chicken Alfredo

Team Matos loves eating at Olive Garden, but obviously it's not something we can do regularly. Our absolute favorite thing is their alfredo sauce. I mentioned this a couple weeks ago and a friend of mine, The Mighty Casey who shared his recipe for alfredo with me recently. He said it was very close to Olive Garden's alfredo, so I was eager to give it a try.  So eager, infact that I forgot to take a picture of the dish the first time around!


Chicken Alfredo
The Line Up
1 pint heavy (whipping) cream
1 stick REAL butter
1 tsp garlic powder
1 c shredded parmesan cheese
10 oz cooked & ready to eat chicken strips - omit for vegetarian
Fettucine

The Game Plan
Mix the cream, butter and garlic powder on the stove, medium/low heat and stir until the butter melts and the mixture begins to bubble. On low heat mix in the cheese. Continuously stir until it's all melted and thick. Add in chicken strips long enough to warm. Keep stirring so you don't burn the sauce though!

Coach's Post Game Conference
I want to start off by saying a HUGE THANK YOU to The Mighty Casey! Unlike the Mudville Nine's Star Player you hit a home run for Team Matos! I think you just saved us a LOT of money by cutting down on the trips to Olive Garden. This recipe is delicious and yes... VERY close to Olive Gardens. I don't think I left it on long enough, as it was still quite runny. But I was soooo excited to eat it I couldn't wait any longer!!

Final Score
Coach -  Home Run
Catcher -  Home Run
The All-Star - Home Run ("if I could rate it higher I would")

***edit - Please see label disclaimer in "True Confessions" - 11/7/2013

5 comments:

  1. Thanks for posting this, I will DEFINITELY try it soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You must! it's sooo good I'm already waiting for tomorrow so I can have the left overs!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd recommend using real garlic (in the garlic press or that pre minced stuff from the store, gives it a little more umpf also) but this is definately one of my favorites also!

    ReplyDelete
  4. YUMM-O...makes not having Olive Garden nearby a little more bearable! Thanks for the great recipe :)
    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  5. And it's SOOO easy! I'm glad that The Mighty Casey shared this with me.

    @Andie - Thanks for the tip! I tried it with real garlic (not in a press - but in the garlic twist - see Pico de Gallo commercial break) the last time I made it and it helped add a little of that Olive Garden texture to it!!

    ReplyDelete

 

Resistance Bands is a Free Blogger Template