Saturday, December 21, 2013

Sesame Noodles

I ran across this on Pinterest one day and thought it looked like it would work for lunch one day for The Rookie and myself. Not only was I right... but I was WAY RIGHT! We LOVE it, it's super easy, quick and YUMMY!! I don't make a full recipe for lunch, and have been known to heat up some frozen grilled chicken to throw in.


Sesame Noodles
Joysama

The Line Up
12 oz fluid, thin noodles, cooked and drained
1/4 cup soy sauce
2 TBSP sugar
4 cloves garlic, minced
2 TBSP rice vinegar
3 TBSP sesame oil
1/2 tsp hot chili oil
4 TBSP canola oil
4 whole green onions, sliced thin



The Game Plan
Ok - the page I found the recipe on, doesn't tell you what to do it says "See full instructions on thepioneerwoman.com"... but I didn't look, I figured it was pretty self explanatory... cook the noodles, mix the rest of the ingredients and stir onto noodles.

Coach's Post Game Conference
As I mentioned, I don't make a full recipe when I make this for The Rookie and myself for lunch. I use regular spaghetti noodles and omit the canola oil, I think that the sesame oil is enough oil. I don't top with green onions, but frequently add sesame seeds on top for good measure.

Final Score
Coach - Home run
The Rookie - HOME RUN - she eats SO MUCH of this (she loves pasta of any kind) This dish is frequently served in response to her endless requests for "Ung-getti!"

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Resistance Bands is a Free Blogger Template