Thursday, January 20, 2011

Thai Chicken Wraps

Alrightie folks - Spring training is just around the corner, time to start focusing on the team again! I hope everyone has had a great off season, but now it's time to get down to business... the business of COOKING that is!


The Line Up
Thai Chicken Wraps
Better Homes & Gardens - One Dish Dinners 2001

6 (8-10") green, red &/or plain flour tortillas
1/2 tsp garlic salt
1/4 - 1/2 tsp black pepper
12 oz skinless, boneless chicken breast strips for stir-frying
1 TBSP cooking oil
4 c packaged shredded broccoli (broccoli slaw mix)
1 medium red onion, cut into thin wedges
1 tsp grated fresh ginger
1 recipe peanut sauce

Peanut Sauce
In a small saucepan combine 1/4 c sugar, 1/4 c creamy peanut butter, 3 TBSP soy sauce, 3 TBSP water, 2 TBSP cooking oil and 1 tsp bottled minced garlic. Heat until sugar is dissolved, stirring frequently.

The Game Plan
Wrap tortillas in foil. Bake in a 350 oven for about 10 minutes or until heated and softened. Meanwhile, in a medium mixing bowl, combine garlic salt and pepper. Add chicken, tossing to coat evenly.
In a large skillet heat oil. Cook and stir seasoned chicken in hot oil over medium high heat for 2-3 minutes or until no longer pink. Remove chicken from skillet, keep warm. Add broccoli, onion and ginger to skillet. Cook and stir for 2-3 minutes or until vegetables are crisp-tender. Remove from heat.
To assemble, spread each tortilla with 1 TBSP peanut sauce, top with chicken strips and vegetable mixture. Roll up each tortilla. Securing with toothpick. Serve with remaining peanut sauce.

Coach's Post Game Conference
I actually used left over chicken from a roasted chicken I made at the end of last week.
I really liked the peanut sauce, and don't have complaints about the dish in general. I would say, however, that this is probably best as a light lunch, or maybe with some other sides. We had just the wraps for dinner.

Final Score
Coach -  triple
Catcher - Run down between third and home
The All-Star - double (he doesn't like veggies remember)

***edited - please read label disclaimer in "True Confessions" - 11/7/2013

5 comments:

  1. Very good! I put too much sauce on my first wrap. A little goes a long way. But for my 2nd and 3rd (:-0 )I got it just right. Delicious. Will defiantly make again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah yes... a little DOES go a long way. And don't feel bad about 3... they're healthy so you can eat as much as you want... right? ;)

    The All-Star wants me to make the sauce one day and put it on wings! I think I'll do just that next time I get up the gumption to make wings!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice to read your article! I am looking forward to sharing your adventures and experiences. royal online

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a great resource that you are providing and you give it away for free. I love seeing blog that understand the value of providing a quality resource for free. royal online v2

    ReplyDelete
  5. Excellent article. Very interesting to read. I really love to read such a nice article. Thanks! keep rocking. จีคลับบาคาร่า

    ReplyDelete

 

Resistance Bands is a Free Blogger Template